Thursday, September 14, 2006

 

Welcome To The Universe, Eris

The planet formerly known as Planet X has been officially named. It has been named Eris, after the Greek goddess of discord. This makes me happy. Why does it make me happy? Read on.

Eris is also known by the Romans as Discordia. The joke disguised as a religion (or is it a religion disguised as a joke?), a.k.a. The Discordian Society, worships Eris and revels in chaos. For more info on The Discordian Society, and wondrous enlightenment, read the Principia Discordia. All hail Eris! All hail Discordia!

Take part in "the biggest climate experiment ever undertaken"! The BBC is doing a distributed computing project (a la SETI@home) to attempt to predict climate change. Great fun for a weather junkie like me.

I found this 20 questions game last night, and ended up playing it for way too long.

Carnage Blender 2
is a fun web-based role-playing game -- probably the best I've ever seen... I've been able to play it for several days now without getting bored (yet). That's better than I can say for pretty much any other similar game I've tried (except for the web-based game formerly known as Legend of the Red Dragon, now called Legend of the Green Dragon).

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?